Position Filled: Technology Lead Programme Director
Location: United Kingdom
Day Rate: TBC
Our client, a large Government department, is looking for a small number of senior, highly experienced Technical Leads to run a number programme portfolios. Significant history in managing large budgets, large technology teams in diverse locations and 3rd parties is essential, together with a proven ability of delivering in a public sector, central government environment. These programmes are hugely transformative, and affect large number of the general population, so it is important that the successful candidates have both the large programme experience and the gravitas to liaise at senior levels within government. Strong financial management skills are key, as is the ability to deliver well governed programmes. Particular areas of interest would be Middleware Integration, Security, Cobol (VME & MF) and portal technology.
Key aspects include
- Responsible for leading the end to end delivery of a portfolio of projects and programmes within the functional area ensuring these meet the needs of the Senior Responsible Owner through existing and innovative agile techniques. Responsible for leading and building technical capability and expertise in a number of teams that will design, develop, build and test secure technology solutions for a portfolio of current and future application development services across a business working with a range of internal and external suppliers.
- Responsible for increasing capability in digital/cloud/tooling/ methodologies to support the aspiration to become a ‘Digital by Default’ organisation, through a balance of up-skilling and recruitment. Responsible for associated Financial and Commercial aspects ensuring value for money.
- Relationship Management and prioritisation/work plan
- Understanding of Security considerations.
- Experience of Business Case development and Benefits management.
Please only apply if you meet the role criteria, and if you are available in the very near future. The role can be based in a number of locations.