Position Filled: Interim Housing Specialist
Sector: Business Services
Location: United Kingdom
Day Rate: circa £400
Our client is a housing association seeking an interim Housing Specialist to guide the organisation through a period of transformation and improvement. The objectives are to prioritise residents, prevent homelessness at an early stage, support households into work, signpost residents to alternative housing options and develop innovative methods of improvement.
The role is to:
- Provide operational day-to-day visible leadership and effective management of the housing advice, homelessness prevention and housing lettings and allocations teams to implement necessary changes in working practice.
- Review and improve existing day-to-day operational arrangements, including decision making, data capture and reporting and business processes and procedures, to build strong, documented and transparent sustainable working arrangements across the housing teams in this area and other parts of the organisation.
- Enable the teams to achieve key targets, working with a range of other teams across the business. A priority will be to further reduce the use of temporary accommodation, including the use of Bed and Breakfast accommodation.
- Recommend further improvements to the housing service and structure that will continue to strengthen the service for residents.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A proven track record of successfully leading and delivering improvements in a performance focused environment
- Experience of managing complex demand-led budgets within agreed limits
- Effective leadership having managed change programmes in the past, including development and improvement of operational procedures
- Expertise in building strong teams and affecting the necessary culture change needed to really innovate and do things differently