Position Filled: Data Protection Officer
Sector: Financial Services
Location: United Kingdom
Day Rate: £60,000 per annum
Our client, a large Financial Services organisation, requires a Data Protection Officer to become trusted advisor to the business and 2nd line expert on all matters of data privacy and ensure full adherence to the Data Protection Act 1998. Additionally, the role will advise and liaise with senior Directors across the business, helping them in 1st line internal policies and frameworks, with the aim of increasing business awareness in this area, whilst maintaining a strong commercial outlook.
Responsibilities will include:
• Establishing relevant processes and procedures, and completing and maintaining relevant registers, assessments and reporting
• Ensuring Information Owners comply with data protection laws and regulations
• Advising and providing business wide updates on technical and organisational compliance
• Representing the business at the Data Protection Forum, and fostering good relations with relevant authorities and specialist organisations
• Responding to information access requests made under the Data Protection Act, and managing data breach notification, resolution and remedial action
This is a senior role, and requires a professional that has works at senior management level. You must be a strong communicator, and have the ability to influence across the business.
You must have industry qualifications and proven experience of DPA and information management. You must have thorough knowledge and current understanding of Data Protection legislation, and be experienced in selecting and implanting appropriate privacy controls.
This London-based role is a fantastic career opportunity with a highly successful and admired organisation.