Mastering multichannel journeys, Making engagement pay.
On Thursday 28th of May, Christine de Largy attended the IORMA and Oxygen 8 Group panel event hosted by Shane Leahy, CEO of Oxygen8 Group whose research shows the perceptions of customers about the business services they use on mobile and considers show the findings can inform their own mobile marketing strategy, to build loyalty and cost-effectiveness.
- 30% consumers actively engage with 10 brands (the wider average is 6) at a time opening the door to them and allowing them to communicate with them but of course unknowingly accepted much more.
- Websites are the average consumers preferred way to communicate, except in gaming which is of course via mobile phone.
- Consumers prefer SMS or voice call as a means of contact as opposed to via social media.
- Top mobile app brands may include Facebook but social media is a big channel – 37.8 million social media users are mobile but only 7.5million are likely to connect with businesses that way.
- 31.5 million UK consumers are using mobile to make purchases; 1.3 million daily, 7 million weekly and 7.2 million several times a month.
- 57% of businesses are yet to process payments online.
- 17% of consumers said increased levels of communication post purchase had a negative impact on their relationship with the brand.
- 24% of consumer were happy to engage with business pre purchase but post purchase that drops to 17%. So there messaging is wrong. Smart watches and the Internet of things has transformed the market place. Right now, the majority of businesses need to transform ineffective communication into compelling engagement and reverse the decline of brand advocates to grow connectivity.
Christine de Largy, Managing Director of Impact Executives, experts in interim management, is passionate about the digital transformation of consumer businesses. She hosts a retail forum to facilitate debate around the issues retail businesses today face and also sits on the management and advisory boards of IORMA, the International Omni-channel Retail Markets Association.
About Impact Executives Ltd Impact Executives is a leading interim management provider to organisations of every size in the UK and globally. Originally formed as a specialist practice within PA Consulting Group, over the past 25 years Impact Executives has helped over 2000 companies, including more than two-thirds of the FTSE 250 – find the very best executive interim management talent.
Clients choose to work in partnership with Impact Executives because of our proven ability to offer client’s immediate solutions to improve their organisation’s performance through identifying skills-gaps, business process reengineering (BPR), turnaround, restructure and growth.
With offices covering the UK, the Nordics, Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Impact Executives is part of the global recruitment specialist Harvey Nash Group plc. Over the past 20 years we have given clients and interim managers the confidence that we have the resources, expertise and focus to deliver results – fast.
For further information on Impact Executives, please contact Steffany Young, Impact Executives, Tel: 0044 20 7314 2011 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org