BRC Omni-channel Retailing Conference 2014
Christine de Largy, Managing Director of Impact Executives, experts in interim management, is passionate about the digital transformation of consumer businesses. She hosts a retail forum to facilitate debate around the issues retail businesses today face and also sits on the management and advisory boards of IORMA, the International Omni-channel Retail Markets Association.
On the 4th of March Christine de Largy, Managing Director of Impact Executives, attended the BRC Omni-channel Retailing Conference at the London Hilton Hotel.
A key note speaker on the day was Gareth Jones, Retail and Strategy Director of Shop Direct Group, who spoke on the transformation of the retail world emphasising their mission of ‘making good things, easily accessible, to more people’.
The company has transformed from being survival led in 2003 (consolidation), to business led in 2007 (catalogue to e-tail) to customer led in 2012, (digital. Gareth spoke about Shop Direct’s digital strategy and the importance of a seamless end to end experience, going on to highlight the five pillars of their strategy –
- Customer at the core – of the values, Kpi’s and customer feedback, with one owner across the whole business.
- Data led tests and experiments – Problem solving and qualitative and quantitative testing in their own labs. E.g. view and compare multiple products and ‘augmented reality’ to help visualise furniture in the customers’ rooms.
- Innovation – with the customers in control, absolute flexibility with a culture to ‘fail fast’. Out of 35 experiments they expect one third fail and they are ok with that.
- Connected – seamless customer service, using smart devices and smart things, with increasingly smart homes, smart cities and smart factories.
- Personalisation – being rich in data, able to make real time decisions, to allow personalised marketing of products and services.
This was just one speaker in a very insightful day, Christine looks forward to attending the next BRC International Retailing event in June 2014.
About Impact Executives Ltd Impact Executives is a leading interim management provider to organisations of every size in the UK and globally. Originally formed as a specialist practice within PA Consulting Group, over the past 25 years Impact Executives has helped over 2000 companies, including more than two-thirds of the FTSE 250 – find the very best executive interim management talent. Clients choose to work in partnership with Impact Executives because of our proven ability to offer clients immediate solutions to improve their organisation’s performance.
With offices covering the UK, continental Europe, Nordics, Asia Pacific and Australia, Impact Executives is part of the global services consultancy Harvey Nash Group plc, giving clients and interim managers the confidence that we have the resources, expertise and focus to deliver results – fast.
For further information on Impact Executives, please contact Steffany Young, Impact Executives, Tel: 0044 20 7314 2011 Email: email@example.com