Position Filled: Head of Financial Reporting
Sector: Financial Services
Location: United Kingdom
Day Rate: -
Our Client, a large financial services company, is looking for an experienced head of financial reporting to define, develop, propose and implement the operation of all financial accounting, policy, reporting processes and controls throughout the group. The role would also include accountability for all historical key financial reporting both internally and externally as well as business relationship management to ensure the business has all the financial information and insight required.
Extensive senior level experience in the financial services industry, comprehensive technical understanding of key accounting standards and significant experience of operating in a UK regulated environment is required. Experience of unsecured consumer lending is highly advantageous.
Key aspects include:
- Lead preparation of Group financial statements, be the key lead with external and internal Audit and ensures group accounting policies and processes are aligned to the businesses objectives.
- Accountable for implementing the financial reporting aspects of the business’s Financial Controls Framework
- Key role in ALCO committee and Group Audit Committees including all financial reporting matters identifying actual or potential risks
- Representing the business financial reporting at appropriate meetings with external partners including FCA, Bank of England, rating agencies and other industry bodies
- With Group Treasury and Group FP&A teams, lead development of proposed business planning scenarios with guidance on profit, capital and risk considerations and together with other senior finance members, define and develop finance strategic projects to gain support at the executive level
- Supports the management accounting and FP&A teams who are responsible for all monitoring and reporting of Group performance including weekly and monthly reporting to the board, Exec and shareholders
- Responsible for supporting FP&A in the preparation of the Group annual budget, forecasts and financial aspects of business plans and appropriate analysis / challenge to improve performance
- Permanent position, salary £80-90k
Please only apply if you meet the role criteria, and if you are available in the very near future.