Innovation in mobile technology – BRC Omni-channel retailing 2015
Scott Seaborn, global mobile strategy director at Aimia inc
Aimia Inc. (AI) is a data-driven marketing and loyalty analytics company providing customer insights to build the value exchange between AI clients and their customers. Scott Seaborn, global mobile strategy director says ‘mobile’ is about providing context, through contextual marketing communications.
- Businesses must work with change as a constant, a bit like agile but more iterative, so that it literally changes the product.
- Mobile products are being built more nimbly the ever before, in only 5 days.
- There are about 50 sensors in a mobile phone and they aren’t all being optimised – from camera, microphone, touch screen etc.
- ‘Project Third Eye’ is for the visually impaired. Take a photo and crowd sourcing volunteers text description, which is converted to speech, on average providing 4 responses in 20 seconds. Opening eyes and hearts. Brilliant use of the format of mobile.
- Hyper connected hardware and software is now coming live – for example, phones connecting to television – for example, if a consumer is watching James Bond and is not in the Aston Martin demographic but recently purchased a watch, other goods can be promoted based on analytics gained via mobile usage.
The digital wand
- Mobile allows different messaging dependent on location.
- Mobile will direct new value add solutions.
- Mobile directed media content, moving between hardware eg Amex promotion is US. Where art designed on a mobile could be ‘flung’ at a screen in Times Square to be seen by all.The future is contextual marketing communications and it is here now.
Christine de Largy, Managing Director of Impact Executives, experts in interim management, is passionate about the digital transformation of consumer businesses. She hosts a retail forum to facilitate debate around the issues retail businesses today face and also sits on the management and advisory boards of IORMA, the International Omni-channel Retail Markets Association.
About Impact Executives Ltd Impact Executives is a leading interim management provider to organisations of every size in the UK and globally. Originally formed as a specialist practice within PA Consulting Group, over the past 25 years Impact Executives has helped over 2000 companies, including more than two-thirds of the FTSE 250 – find the very best executive interim management talent.
Clients choose to work in partnership with Impact Executives because of our proven ability to offer client’s immediate solutions to improve their organisation’s performance through identifying skills-gaps, business process reengineering (BPR), turnaround, restructure and growth.
With offices covering the UK, the Nordics, Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Impact Executives is part of the global recruitment specialist Harvey Nash Group plc. Over the past 20 years we have given clients and interim managers the confidence that we have the resources, expertise and focus to deliver results – fast.
For further information on Impact Executives, please contact Steffany Young, Impact Executives, Tel: 0044 20 7314 2011 Email: email@example.com